Family Library Coordinator – Marcus Autism Center.
A Library Coordinator coordinates and oversees the provision of library services in the Marcus Autism Center Norman Shutters Resource Center to ensure that the information needs of the patients, staff and families are met. Maintains a comprehensive, timely, appropriate medical and health information resource pool to serve customer needs. Provides written and audio-video resources to support access to needed resources and information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of the Resource Center.
- Conducts and oversees information searches for families and staff.
- Manages all library resources, equipment, and databases ordering and processing new materials.
- Works with the Research Communication Team to develop materials and strategies to present latest research findings to patient families
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and accountability, including accurate statistical reports as requested:
- Pursue and promote continuous improvement of Family Library services.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of health or related field required or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and Access and other computer applications required.
- Required proficiency in library policies and procedures, on-line medical and non-medical database searching, and basic administration skills required.
- Knowledge of community resources for autism and related developmental disabilities preferred
- Individual must reflect a service orientation, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a proactive approach to library collection management.
- Experience with newsletter writing and program development preferred.
- Experience with training and working with parents and volunteers preferred.
- Spanish as a second language preferred.
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Hours Per Week: 40
Weekend Requirements: None
Shift: Day Job