The Mercer University School of Medicine (MUSM) Library seeks a full-time, Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian. The MUSM Library Systems and Electronic Resources position responsibilities include: negotiating licensing of electronic resources, managing hardware and software programs and technology development for the Mercer University School of Medicine Library and Learning Resources Center in Macon, Georgia as well as the Health Sciences Library at Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia. This position also has educational responsibilities for training Mercer faculty, students, residents and staff. The major components of the library’s computer systems include Innovative Interfaces Sierra library management software, Ebsco Discovery, full-text e-books and e-journals, a computer lab with 16 PCs, and a variety of Web pages. This position reports to the Director of the Medical Libraries & LRC, and supervises one support staff position.
Click here for the posting and to apply.
The Mercer University School of Medicine (MUSM) Library seeks a full-time Clinical Reference Librarian. This position will work half-time at the MUSM Library and half-time at the Navicent Health Resource Center.
For full details, please visit the website.
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) campus in Auburn, Alabama is accepting applications for a medical librarian position (VCOM Position Description).
Send your academic curriculum vitae or resume, along with a cover letter listing your salary requirements to:
Director of Human Resources
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
2265 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
The Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library at Emory University has an exciting opportunity for a self-confident, creative, and knowledgeable individual. The Head of Clinical Informationist Services will lead a team in planning, delivering, and evaluating services for faculty, clinicians, and graduate medical trainees at a leading academic health sciences center.
View the complete posting here: http://web.library.emory.edu/documents/HeadClinicalInforamtionistjobpost2015.pdf
Review of applications will continue until position is successfully filled. Emory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from women and minorities.
Family Library Coordinator – Marcus Autism Center.
A Library Coordinator coordinates and oversees the provision of library services in the Marcus Autism Center Norman Shutters Resource Center to ensure that the information needs of the patients, staff and families are met. Maintains a comprehensive, timely, appropriate medical and health information resource pool to serve customer needs. Provides written and audio-video resources to support access to needed resources and information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of the Resource Center.
- Conducts and oversees information searches for families and staff.
- Manages all library resources, equipment, and databases ordering and processing new materials.
- Works with the Research Communication Team to develop materials and strategies to present latest research findings to patient families
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and accountability, including accurate statistical reports as requested:
- Pursue and promote continuous improvement of Family Library services.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of health or related field required or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and Access and other computer applications required.
- Required proficiency in library policies and procedures, on-line medical and non-medical database searching, and basic administration skills required.
- Knowledge of community resources for autism and related developmental disabilities preferred
- Individual must reflect a service orientation, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a proactive approach to library collection management.
- Experience with newsletter writing and program development preferred.
- Experience with training and working with parents and volunteers preferred.
- Spanish as a second language preferred.
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Hours Per Week: 40
Weekend Requirements: None
Shift: Day Job