Images courtesy of: https://www.lanierislands.com/accessible/
Registration for the 2024 GHSLA Meeting at the Lanier Islands Legacy Lodge is officially open! We hope you’ll join us from early afternoon on Monday, March 25th through Tuesday, March 26th until the mid-afternoon for the first in-person GHSLA event since 2019.
The registration fee is $125 and will be invoiced upon registration form submission. Payment can be made via credit card or check. The detailed agenda will be posted here in early 2024, but for now some highlights include:
- Continuing Education Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for LIS Professionals from Sarah Morris, instructor for the ACRL Online Course “Exploring AI with Critical Information Literacy” and former Head of Instruction and Engagement at the Emory University Libraries
- Welcome Reception at Game Changer, where we will have delicious starters and shareable platters in our own Virtual Sports Suite next to the bar with a game experience that includes Axe Throwing and unlimited Challenge Golf access as well as access to and Escape Room and arcade games for an additional cost
- Catch up with old GHSLA friends or get to know new ones around the many lakefront fire pits or at one of the Lanier Islands restaurants and bar
- Presentations, panel discussions, vendor showcases, and more from your colleagues
- Networking opportunities during breakfast and lunch in the Magnolia Room overlooking the heated pool
- Take advantage of the extended room rate before and after the meeting to spend a day or two boating on the lake in a pontoon rental from Harbor Landing Marina, paddling in kayak rental from Landshark Landing, playing some pickleball on brand new courts with complimentary paddles and balls, or simply enjoying the extensive walking and hiking trails around the island – and don’t forget to make an appointment with the 10% discount on spa and/or golf services for early-bird registration!
A few things to note:
- Register and reserve your room by the early-bird deadline of Friday, January 19th to receive a 10% discount on spa and/or golf services.
- Registration is non-refundable but is transferable to another person in your organization.
- The meeting room rate and availability is guaranteed until Friday, February 23rd and is applicable three days before and after the meeting dates (3/22-3/30).
- Please make your reservation online at https://reservations.travelclick.com/106641?groupID=4096175. Reservation requests can also be made by phone at 770-945-8787 / 678-318-2018 or 1-800-840-5253 or by email [email protected].
Please contact Lana Brand, GHSLA President, at [email protected] or at 770-533-1052 with any questions or issues.
We hope to see all of you there!