The Medical Library Association (MLA) is now accepting applications for the MLA Research, Development, and Demonstration Project Grant.
The purpose of this grant is to provide support for research, development, or demonstration projects that will help to promote excellence in the field of health sciences librarianship and information sciences. Grants range from $100 to $1,000. Grants will not be given to support an activity that is operational in nature or has only local usefulness. More than one award may be granted in a year.
• The applicant must hold a graduate degree in library science.
• The applicant must be a practicing health sciences librarian with at least two years of professional experience.
• The applicant must be a citizen of or have permanent residence status in either the United States or Canada.
• The applicant must be a member of the Medical Library Association (MLA).
• In the case of a research group, at least one person in group must be a MLA member and meet the above criteria.
• Consideration will be given in exceptional cases to an outstanding candidate not meeting the criteria above.
• The completed application form must be received by December 1.
• The applicant must submit the names of two references not related to the applicant/group. The references must be persons who are knowledgeable about the applicant/group’s character, education, and abilities.
• The scope and nature of the proposed project should give evidence of an established methodology and a viable research design.
• The application should show how the proposed project would contribute conceptually and practically to the applicant/group’s competence and the well being of the library community.
• The proposal should contain title, goals, objectives, methodology, significance, and budget of project; vital and special qualifications of the research; knowledge of the state of the art and existing published literature on the proposed research topic; and proposed means of disseminating the results.
• The applicant may upload a current photo to member profile for promotional purposes (optional).
Additional details are available on the grant page: MLA Research, Development, and Demonstration Project Grant
To apply, complete the application form online and upload all documents no later than December 1, 11:59 p.m. (CT).