The GHSLA state conference will be held Saturday May 18th, 2018 from 1-5pm at the Marriott Marquis hotel in downtown Atlanta. Attendee registration will be $25.
This year’s meeting will include Miriam Libbey speaker, Dr. Jonathan Eldredge (more details to follow), an annual business meeting, and networking opportunities with Georgia health sciences librarians.
To encourage the participation and networking opportunities of our members, this meeting is being held in advance of the 2018 Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Meeting which begins Saturday May 18th at 5pm with a Welcome Reception & Opening of the Hall of Exhibits at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. The Hyatt Regency is a short walk via connecting sky bridge from the Marriott Marquis.
Click here to be taken to meeting registration page
The Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library at Augusta University in Augusta, Georgia, invites applications for the position of Clinical Information Librarian. The primary focus of this non-tenure track faculty position is to support Augusta University’s clinical and educational mission through planning, development, delivery and evaluation of quality health information and instruction.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience in a health sciences library or other health sciences environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience with current resources, vocabularies and research techniques in the biomedical sciences, specifically Evidence-Based Medicine tenets and teaching methodologies
- Collaborative planning and problem solving abilities; ability to implement and manage programs and projects
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills and abilities, especially an outgoing, entrepreneurial, client-centered focus
- Evidence of ability to meet university standards in librarianship, teaching, publication and research, and service commensurate with faculty status
For more information, please see the full job posting at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/ (Job ID: 12278)
Mercer University Library is hiring a Research Services Librarian. Mercer University seeks an innovative and collegial professional to serve on our Research Services Team for Health, Engineering, and Sciences. As part of this University Library’s Research Services Team, the candidate will participate in reference activities, provide instruction, and serve assigned academic departments within an agile and collaborative research environment. The position is a key component of a team-based approach with colleagues who are committed to the successful blending of high quality customer service and access to all resources.
An ALA-accredited master’s degree from an accredited college/university is required. Candidates with a background in the health sciences are strongly preferred.
To apply, visit https://www.mercerjobs.com.
The Northeast Georgia Health System is seeking a Medical Librarian.
The librarian provides library services which meet the informational, educational, and research related needs of NGHS, Inc. staff, Physicians, mid-level Practitioners, nursing and allied healthcare professionals, students and other patrons in need of health or medically related information. An ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science is required. One year experience in a medical library is preferred.
The position may be applied for here.
Effective January 1, 2018, the Atlanta Health Science Library Consortium (AHSLC) merged with the Georgia Health Sciences Library Association (GHSLA). AHSLC history and archives have been transferred to the www.GHSLA.org website and www.AHSLC.org is no longer active.