Here’s how this role performs at Shepherd:
The Librarian oversees the operation of the Noble Learning Resource and the Shepherd Center Archives.
The Librarian helps to empower staff to be critical thinkers and ensure that they are efficient users of information. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to share knowledge with Shepherd staff and excited to take on this challenging, fast-paced environment.
The Librarian is responsible for the day to day activities in the Noble Learning Resource Center.
• Needs assessment; budgeting; record keeping; materials selection, acquisition, and organization; reference assistance. Promotes the NLRC within the Center.
• Performs literature searches and data retrieval for staff and clients. Provides document delivery through appropriate use of interlibrary lending networks.
• Facilitates independent usage of the NLRC materials by Shepherd Center staff. This includes participation in new employee orientation, production of instructional materials, staff inservices, etc.
• Participates on Shepherd Center committees providing information resources appropriate to new projects and staff education needs.
• Represents Shepherd Center in outside organizations that promote information services to the medical and the disability interests communities
• Maintains and improves upon information management skills through continuing education, both formal and informal.
• Supervises and promotes skill development of the Library Assistant.
• Responsible for maintenance and retrieval of materials in the Shepherd archives. Supervises a professional archivist who works on a per diem basis. Oversees budget and operational needs.
• Responds to Shepherd staff and the community regarding Web Page presence. Replies to the Web Master e-mail.
To learn more and to apply, visit: https://shepherd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ShepherdCenter/job/Atlanta-GA/Librarian_R119